Thursday 8 January 2015

England Selection for Alex Roberts



 
Alex Roberts represented England U18s at the recent Haris Tournament – an annual memorial event at the Amaechi Basketball Centre in Manchester, the 17 year old Level 3 Basketball studies student put together some outstanding performances as England finished third in the prestigious tournament.
 
Alex said after the event: “It was a really proud moment, representing my country is a huge accolade and it felt great to make a positive contribution having moved up the England ranks since I was 15, it was also massive to be playing in front of my family”.
 
“It was a  learning ground for the team and I as we were playing against established sides from Europe and America, I felt I did really well in adjusting to suit the style’s we came up against.  I felt very comfortable and relaxed which was a big development for me”.
 
The next step for Alex is to gain selection for the final squad which will travel to Austria in the summer for the U18 Division ‘B’ European Championships, “the plan is to work hard between each camp and really get after it at College – I know I have to keep my fitness at the highest possible level and keep working on my game every day”. 
 
There were also call ups for Matthew Hodgkinson who joined England’s U17 New Horizon’s programme and Academy Head Coach Neal Hopkins who began his role working with England U18’s as performance analyst, Myerscough's Sport Therapist Nick McCarthy continued in his work with the England U17 programme.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment